logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Display motorway exits name correctly

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Fri Sep 3 14:01:58 BST 2010

El 03/09/10 14:44, Dermot McNally escribió:
> 2010/9/3 Carlos Dávila:
>
>> Motorway exits tagged as the example below are rendered by mapnik [1]
>> with a line break instead of ";" as they appear in the traffic signals
>> [2]. Is there a way to get the same with the mkgmap styles? Currently
>> they are rendered in a single line and they don't fit within the gps
>> screen in most cases.
>>
> That doesn't to me look like a valid use of the name tag. Are those
> multiple values the different destinations signposted at that exit? If
> so, these should be included in the exit_to tag:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Motorway_junction
>
> Dermot

exit_to is a recently (June 2010) introduced tag for motorway_junctions
and I didn't know it. I'm afraid most people have tagged
motorway_junction name with what now is intended to go in exit_to tag,
so there will be some confusion on it for some time.
Anyway, my question is still valid, now for exit_to tag.