logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multipolygon wih leisure=park does not render

From Markus markus_g at bigpond.com on Wed Aug 25 10:15:08 BST 2010

Hi Jeroen,

Did you include the --process-boundary-relations switch in your mkgmap bat
file?

I believe this is needed to process multypolygons.

Markus_g

  _____

From: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
[mailto:mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk] On Behalf Of Jeroen Muris
Sent: Wednesday, 25 August 2010 7:10 AM
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] multipolygon wih leisure=park does not render

Hello all,

I'm new here, but did not know where else to go. Recently, I noticed (at
least) one multipolygon I created near me did not render with mkgmap r1655
or r1669. I did some research, but don't know what to do next.

The polygon that does not render is 1022941 [1]. Mapnik renders it OK [2].
Another one, very similar does render:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/976305 (version 1)

Changing the order of the members in the multipolygon (in a local OSM file)
makes no difference.
Removing all tags from the members also does not solve the issue.
Changing tags for the relation from leisure=park to
landuse=recreation_ground does enable rendering, as does landuse=park.

Changing the tags in the style definition (polygons file, "leisure=park {set
landuse=park}", or same line in relations file) is no solution.

The Wiki does mention leisure=park as a possible tag [4] and I find it
logical. Any ideas how to get this rendered (without editing the OSM
database)?

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1022941 (version 1)
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.916293
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.916293&lon=4.421655&zoom=18&layers=M>