logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] suggest a polygon hexcode for place of worship

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Aug 14 10:55:05 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:27:48PM +0200, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
>I have this at the beginning of my polygons file:
>
>  amenity=place_of_worship & (building!=*) {add building=yes}

The building!=* is redundant, because add does not touch existing
attributes.

>Which ensures that a place of worship polygon will be treated as a
>building polygon. (I think a place of worship POI gets created too,
>using the polygon to POI conversion.)

I added amenity=* to the polygon file, as an alternative to building=*.
In that way, all amenities that are not otherwise translated to polygons
will be translated into building polygons.

A nice option could be to control the areas-to-polygons translation
directly from the style files. I wouldn't want to generate POIs for
unnamed forest patches, for example. And I guess sometimes you could
just want to generate the POI but no polygon.

Best regards,

	Marko