logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple Relations and Admin levels

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Aug 11 21:49:50 BST 2010

Hi Markus,

I have analyzed the New South Wales/Queensland problem.
First of all it is a splitter problem. Some ways of these two borders
have nodes that are many kilometers off (the borders are straight so
they don't need many nodes). This means that the splitter often removes
nodes that define the line crossing the tile border.
mkgmap gets a way that does not cross the tile border and therefore has
problems to close the polygon defining the administrative area.

As a result you should have only problems with large administrative
areas. Smaller ones should work without any problems.

The only thing you can do now is either to add some points to the
straight borders of australia next to your tile borders or to start an
appeal to all to improve the splitter so that is guarantees to keep
lines crossing the tile border.

Have fun!
WanMil