logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Aug 11 21:37:46 BST 2010

On 10/08/10 23:08, Nakor wrote:
>    On 8/10/2010 6:03 PM, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> On 10/08/10 21:11, Nakor wrote:
>>> I have always wondered what was the osmmap.img for. BTW I do not think
>>> it is packaged if you use the --nsis option.
>> It is, it wouldn't work otherwise.
>>
>> you call it baseFilename and then you assign it to MAPNAME and then
>> the overview map and tdb file are included via that name later in the file.
>>
>> baseFilename = args.get("overview-mapname", "osmmap");
>> pw.format(Locale.ROOT, "!define MAPNAME \"%s\"\n", baseFilename);
>> pw.format(Locale.ROOT, "  File \"${MAPNAME}.img\"\n");
>>
> Oh wait. Am I mixing up things here?
>
> After mkgmap runs I have:
>
> 00000001.img
> 00000002.img
> North_america.img
> North_america.tdb
> osmmap.img
> osmmap.tdb
>
> Which is the overview map? the North_america one the osmmap one?

Possibly both but only one at a time.  Assuming that you did
--overview-mapname=North_america then North_america.img will be.

If you do more than one run of mkgmap, then you will have to make sure
that you always use the same --overview-mapname option otherwise you
will create an extra osmmap.img and/or package the wrong file.  So that
is worth bearing in mind.

..Steve