logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing does not work since December.

From Paul Ortyl ortylp at 3miasto.net.pl on Tue Aug 10 21:41:51 BST 2010

I have tried to test some combinations of splitter and mkgmap
(r985-now) on smaller input file.  Routing with MapSource had the same
result: intertile routing works as long as the number of tiles equals
2.  Route beween two "random" points where the route was available
with crossing max one intertile border was OK, as soon as more than
one intertile border crossing was necessary MapSource failed to
calculate the route.

It means, that I am not able to find version where splitter/mkgmap got
broken and that nüvi is able to calculate the route where MapSource
fails.

Additional remark about bicycle routing: the map (on eTrex HCx) I have
generated in March 2010 was diverting me from properly tagged bicycle
route to main highway, the same route in September 2009 had been
calculated properly.

I hope it gets resolved...
I think, that getting MapSource to route through 3 tiles should be the goal.

Let me know if you have any ideas (combinations of splitter/mkgmap) to test.

Paul

--
Don't take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive.
                                        -- Elbert Hubbard