logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction for highway=motorway[_link]

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Sun Aug 8 19:03:33 BST 2010

On 8 August 2010 17:41, Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:

> shoulders) but the only choice in the area. I believe that the default
> style (correctly) does add bicycle=no to highway=trunk. When I get

If this is so, then the default should be changed. The fact that
various countries have overloaded trunk for their own usage is not a
reason to force everybody else to add redundant tags to thousands of
km of road.

Ultimately I can see this kind of thing beings solved by per-country
defaults, but right now such a default just isn't reasonable.

Dermot