logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction for highway=motorway[_link]

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Aug 8 17:41:49 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 09:21:56PM +0100, Dave F. wrote:
>To follow on from what Ralf said; as oneway=yes is implied, removing it
>will turn them all to two-way. There are far more one-ways than two.
>
>The two-way links without the oneway=no are incorrectly tagged & should
>be amended.

Right. I added oneway=yes or oneway=no for each way in Finland. About
five were missing oneway=no and the rest were missing oneway=yes. (Even
if oneway=yes is is redundant, it is good for quality control. The
search for highway=motorway_link without oneway=* can be repeated, and
only any new ways should surface; not the roughly 100 oneway=yes that I
added.)

I won't change the processing of highway=motorway_link.

I just returned from a 175-km bicycle trip on a triplet with two kid
stokers (OSM child labor). 30 km of that was on a major highway (trunk?)
that is somewhat of a nightmare (no cycleways, heavy traffic, no
shoulders) but the only choice in the area. I believe that the default
style (correctly) does add bicycle=no to highway=trunk. When I get
around to processing my saved tracks, I will add bicycle=yes, foot=yes
to the highway, so that Garmin will accept it for non-motorized routing.
For most of the trip (where roads existed on the map), I used car
routing with shortest route.

Best regards,

	Marko