logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction for highway=motorway[_link]

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Aug 4 16:10:56 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 04:55:42PM +0200, Carlos Dávila wrote:
>El 04/08/10 14:04, Marko Mäkelä escribió:
>> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 09:07:27PM +1100, Hendrik Oesterlin wrote:
>>
>>> "Carlos Dávila" cdavilam at orangecorreo.es wrote on 04/08/2010 at 20:14:50 +1100
>>> subject "[mkgmap-dev] Turn restriction for highway=motorway[_link]" :

>>> Thank you for your hint! This is probably the problem.
>>>
>> Wouldn't it be a problem of the source data? In my part of the world,
>> motorway links tend to be entering or exiting the motorway at a very
>> small angle, and are inherently oneway. Can you post a link to a twoway
>> motorway link? Do you suggest that I should remove the oneway=yes from
>> the default style?
>>
>In most cases motorway links are separate oneway roads, but, at least in
>Spain, sometimes both directions share the same road. See way 70904729
>in the area below
>http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=38.107106989860675&lon=-6.2724820671928425&zoom=15&layers=BF00F0

The default style does "add oneway=yes", not "set oneway=yes". You could
fix this by adding "oneway=no" to the two-way section of
highway=motorway_link. Actually, I see that you already did that, in the
initial version:

Unless you can provide an example where a two-way motorway link that is
tagged as oneway=no is misbehaving, I think we should leave the default
style as is. (A lazy mapper could forget the oneway=yes, assuming that
"everyone knows" that motorway links are oneway, and you could get bogus
instructions "leave the motorway at the next entry (not exit)".)

Best regards,

	Marko