logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overview map

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Jul 25 12:35:18 BST 2010

Hi

I have started to implement adding features into the overview
map.  You can find ready built jar files on the download page
and in the 'overview' branch in subversion.

It creates the overview map from the .img (as before) and so it
is very quick to try out even on a set of tiles covering a
whole country.

There is no configuration yet, it just takes everything (lines and
polygons) that is in the least detailed layer of the detailed maps and
adds it into the overview.

You will immediately notice a big problem in that the overview map
shows up even when the detailed maps are being displayed, so you
get ugly jagged lines across the top of the map.

I remember this happening the last time we has an overview map
and I wonder if anyone can remember if there was a solution then?

I'm going to start by trying the (so-called) POI flags, as one of those
has been noted to be set differently on detail and base maps before.

..Steve