logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] style-file: tourism=resort

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Jul 23 03:03:00 BST 2010

I have a question about this tag.
In my Garmin Oregon, I find four different types for lodging:
Hotel/Motel, Bed&Breakfast, Resort and Campground.
In the default style I find tourism=resort
but I cannot find a single use of this tag in Europe:
http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/keystats_tourism.html shows
holiday_resort used once, but no resort

In the official taglist there is also no resort:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tourism

So why is it in the default style when it is not used? Or are there some
holiday resorts tagged in the USA? (Is there a tagwatch for the USA?)
Or is it in the default style since Garmin thinks it is necessary, but
noone in osm thinks this too?

So many questions ...

Dani