logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing errors on temporarily closed roads

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jul 20 21:13:42 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 02:26:12PM +0200, Martin Simon wrote:
>I have this at the top of my style since a few days:
>
>#general access:
>highway=* & access=( no | private ) {add foot=no; add bicycle=no; add
>horse=no; add motorcar=no }
>
>#designated and official treatment:
>
>#allow main users to prevent designated & official blocking them
>highway=footway { add foot=yes }
>highway=cycleway { add bicycle=yes }
>highway=bridleway { add horse=yes }
>
>#set permissions of official & designated:
>highway=* & foot=( designated | official ) {set foot=yes; add
>bicycle=no; add horse=no }
>highway=* & bicycle=( designated | official ) {set bicycle=yes; add
>foot=no; add horse=no }
>highway=* & horse=( designated | official ) {set horse=yes; add
>foot=no; add bicycle=no }
>
>This way, designated & official seem to work correctly and general
>access restrictions are also considered.

Thank you, this looks reasonable.

I have to think about the case highway=cycleway. If we continue to add
foot=yes there, then we are essentially sweeping bugs in the map data
under the carpet. If we don't, then we could break pedestrian routing in
some areas (and users would hopefully end up fixing the map data).

	Marko