logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing errors on temporarily closed roads

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Tue Jul 20 13:26:12 BST 2010

2010/7/20 Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi>:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:16:23AM +0200, Minko wrote:
>>Something like this?
>>
>>highway=cycleway & access!=no {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes} [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]
>
> I believe you would need something like this, so that you get to see the
> temporarily closed ways on the map:
>
> highway=cycleway & (access!=no | access!=*) {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes}
> highway=cycleway & access=no [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]
>
> Can you please test this? If it is OK, I am happy to commit it.
>
> It also occurs to me that highway=cycleway or
> highway=path&bicycle=designated implies foot=yes in the default style.
> That seems wrong to me; walking should be prohibited on cycleways unless
> explicitly allowed (e.g., foot=designated or foot=yes in the map data).

I have this at the top of my style since a few days:

#general access:
highway=* & access=( no | private ) {add foot=no; add bicycle=no; add
horse=no; add motorcar=no }

#designated and official treatment:

#allow main users to prevent designated & official blocking them
highway=footway { add foot=yes }
highway=cycleway { add bicycle=yes }
highway=bridleway { add horse=yes }

#set permissions of official & designated:
highway=* & foot=( designated | official ) {set foot=yes; add
bicycle=no; add horse=no }
highway=* & bicycle=( designated | official ) {set bicycle=yes; add
foot=no; add horse=no }
highway=* & horse=( designated | official ) {set horse=yes; add
foot=no; add bicycle=no }

This way, designated & official seem to work correctly and general
access restrictions are also considered.

-Martin