logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange strings in addresses (r1654)

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Mon Jul 19 19:10:40 BST 2010

Hi Markus,
> I'm aware that this might be my view on the issue only. I just feel in a project like this one, where the developer count is low, a solution (or an approach thereof) in code is way quicker than involving developers unnecessarily.

I try to contribute in other ways, e.g. I built a small webpage to
better choose colors for Garmin etrex devices and I added information to
the Garmin POI numbers list.
> However, there's nothing to say against everyone contributing along her/his abilities. Precise bug reports are still a very helpful thing.

You are right but a not really reproducible bug is hard to find. I would
also think that the bug is not at the place where it shows up. As I
pointed out somewhere else this might be a not well terminated string so
the software that causes the strange behaviour is the Garmin firmware
that gets an img that is slightly different from what it expects to get.

Dani