logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange strings in addresses (r1654)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Jul 18 19:24:10 BST 2010

>> which is all fine.  I've no idea where the rest of it comes from, were
>> you using some option that attempts to fill in town/state information?
>>

> No, there should be the city added: München.
> 81669 München would be correct. But to add the city was a former normal
> behaviour of mkgmap.

This option:
--location-autofill=1

is the one that attempts to locate the city that a POI belongs to.
But it is not magic it just tries to find a nearby city.
It depends on the data how successful it is.

In my case I got different results as the .osm file was smaller and
did not the string 'Ebersberg'.

So you really need to track down, from the data, where the strings are
coming from.  The problem could be solely in the data, but if the bug
is in mkgmap, then we need to know what the actual data was so that we
can see what is going wrong.

..Stev