logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jul 16 09:36:22 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:27:13AM +0200, Martin Simon wrote:
>My build Process (for a multi-layer map) includes setting the main
>layer (roads, POI) to transparent using gmt.exe because mkgmap somehow
>doesn't  manage to make this singe layer transparent.
>gmt.exe seems to kill the road-searching information in this layer's
>gmapsupp.img.
>When I then compile all gmapsupp.img files into one with mkgmap, its
>not included...
>
>Did someone else also experience this transparency problem?

Not me. See my script osm2img.sh at http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/.
I am creating three layers: the basic map, and "transport" for public
transportation routes and "control" for speed bumps and the like.

>Maybe we'll have some more elegant way of creating multi-layered maps
>with mkgmap at some point in the future.

My only complaint in that area is that I would like to create all layers
from the same tiles at once (parsing the *.osm.gz file only once).

	Marko