logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jul 16 09:04:18 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 09:56:51AM +0200, Martin Simon wrote:
>2010/7/14  <charlie at cferrero.net>:
>> Per Laustsen (per at brugergruppen.dk) wrote:
>>
>>> Neither Garmin Nüvi 205 or Etrex Legend HCx is stable searching address -
>>> sometimes it works but most times it does not.
>>>
>> My GPSMap 76CSx will find a road (or multiple roads if they have the
>> same name) and list the cities they are in, as long as I fill in a
>> street number (I just use number 1).
>
>This used to work on my etrex vista hcx, too(finding streets in
>address search and intersections).
>But now I can't find any streets just places using these functions...

It works for me (Edge 705) as long as I remember. My only problem is
that the house number is ignored and a point, apparently at half-way the
street, is returned.

>I don't know when it worked the last time.

Have you tried splitting the tiles further? In my experience, mkgmap
does not always flag errors when exceeding some Garmin limits, and you
can end up with all sorts of breakage (including routing errors in some
areas) when you generate too large tiles. The OSM data set has a
tendency to grow. A year ago, 2 or 3 tiles of Finland was enough. Now I
am splitting it to 6 tiles.

	Marko