logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Adaptable paths for input and output files

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jul 14 20:44:06 BST 2010

On 13/07/10 11:44, Markus wrote:
> As already mentioned in a previous mail, I'd deem it a useful extension to
> make splitter.jar and mkgmap.jar aware of source and target (output)
> directories.
>
> Right now I'm thinking about how the source directory can be implemented
> for mkgmap.jar in a meaningful way.
>
> As to my knowledge, all path parameters of the present switches honor
> directory paths. Thus providing a set of gzipped files on the command line
> does work as expected. However, if the template.args file is going to be
> used instead, things are different.
>
> All "input-file" entries in template.args are listed without a path. I
> suppose the assumption is that template.args is always in the same
> directory with the splitting result (and that this should not change).

I believe that the input-file entries *can* take a path too.  If that is
not the case, it would be a bug.

It is a good point that if a path is not specified then it probably
should be relative to the directory of the args file and not the current
directory.

..Steve