logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Jul 14 14:38:53 BST 2010

Per Laustsen (per at brugergruppen.dk) wrote:

> Neither Garmin Nüvi 205 or Etrex Legend HCx is stable searching address -
> sometimes it works but most times it does not.

My GPSMap 76CSx will find a road (or multiple roads if they have the
same name) and list the cities they are in, as long as I fill in a
street number (I just use number 1).

Some weird things happen, though.  For instance if I search for
streets beginning with S, I get two listings*:
S??
If I click on the S option, it takes me to a road called Sadaf
If I click on the S?? option, it takes me to a road called Sayadan

I compile maps with the --name-tag-list: name:en, int_name, name
switch

*This is in a map covering the GCC countries of the Middle East
--
Charlie