logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New, faster splitter

From Chris Miller chris_overseas at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 9 15:38:32 BST 2010

Hello Marko,

> Thanks, I am trying it out now. This warning seems redundant for this
> use case:
>
> * WARNING: No valid existing cache found but caching was requested. *

Ahh... good catch. I hadn't considered the case where you supply an areas.list
file. In that situation, if (and only if) a single pass is required during
the split then there's no need to build a cache even when reading from stdin.
I'll see if I can do something sensible, ie only create a cache if one is
actually required.

> It would be nice if mkgmap could produce several layers in a single
> pass or if the multipolygon processing could be disabled. My script
> continues like this (simplified):

I'll leave the mkgmap experts to comment on this aspect.

Chris