logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New, faster splitter

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Jun 8 11:11:56 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 07:11:23AM +0000, Chris Miller wrote:
>One thing I want to add is the ability to pipe the osm file in via
>stdin, which (depending on OS buffering) will allow external
>decompression at the same time as processing and it might prove to be
>the fastest approach.

I would appreciate that, because I have to do some preprocessing (moving
end nodes of the coastline to the tile boundary, deleting auto-generated
bad multipolygons) after decompressing the osm file.  The sed or perl
filter could sit between bzip2 and splitter, and all three processes
could run in parallel.

	Marko