logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter coordinates

From Chris Miller chris_overseas at hotmail.com on Sun Jun 6 20:19:00 BST 2010

Hello Torsten,

The splitter works on a range of -180 to 180 longitude, and -85 to 85 degrees
of latitude (the extremes are discarded to avoid crazy behaviour near the
poles). So yes, -5 degrees should give you what you want, and the same logic
applies if you want to include the equator. Creating a tile that spans the
180 degree longitude line isn't currently supported by the splitter because
it doesn't yet deal with wrapping around from +180 to -180. Note that this
also means no 'overlap' nodes will be included if they fall on the wrong
side of the 180 degree line.

The lack of 180 degree wrapping is a limitation I'm aware of but haven't
fixed because it's a slightly tricky fix and it doesn't seem to have caused
people any problems in practice so far. Is it likely to be a problem for you?

Chris