logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Really Serious bug when not using --route

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon May 31 14:05:36 BST 2010

Hi

> A possible way to find the flag:
> With MapSource (at least with 6.13) it is possible to include or exclude
> the routing data when transferring to the device. If you transfer the
> same data twice, one time with, the ther time without the routing data,

A great idea!

Unfortunately my results are that all the sub-files are unaltered
and bit for bit identical in the two cases.

All the changes in the header appear to be consistent with the changes
required for the fact that the files are different sizes and one
does not contain NOD.

I've had no luck with finding anything.  I've tried unsetting all the
flags that we don't know the meaning of, so it seems that it might
not be a simple flag that we always set but shouldn't.

Perhaps mixing routable and non-routeable maps with the same family id
just doesn't work?  Has anyone seen a working example?

..Steve