logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Really Serious bug when not using --route

From Alexander Atanasov aatanasov at gmail.com on Fri May 28 11:18:48 BST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:

>> In the TREHeader.java (like in the patch from steve) add a one more byte
>> in first position. If I understand it correctly, this will set the
>> ominous fourth byte to 01. (Not tested).
>
> In fact the 4th byte that appears in the gmaptool dialog is actually
> what mkgmap calls poiDisplayFlags and occurs earlier in the .img file.

The first bit in poiDisplayFlags have to do something with the basemaps.
In all detailed maps it's set.
The maps i found that it's not set are worldwide base maps - gmapbmap.img(s)

For the route recalculation, it's not clear which of the two bites
changed the recalculation
 - first rule of re -> always change only one thing .

--
have fun,
alex