logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Really Serious bug when not using --route

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Thu May 27 16:15:41 BST 2010

>> This is the point which confuses me at the moment. This bit does
>> influence routing in some way. But you say that there are nonroutable
>> maps with this bit set/unset. So what could the meaning of this bit be?
>>
> Noone really knows. Mkgmap sets it even. Garmin maps are actually
> allways uneven. I speculated that the 0 (unset) here breaks intertile
> routing, but I have no clue what mkgmap is doing here and where to set it.

In the TREHeader.java (like in the patch from steve) add a one more byte
in first position. If I understand it correctly, this will set the
ominous fourth byte to 01. (Not tested).

-		writer.putInt(0x110301);
+		writer.putInt(0x01110301);

> [...] mkgmap default: -1 - 3 - 17 - 0

This are exactly the values from the line above, in decimal coding. (The
values in mkgmap are in hexadecimal coding.)