logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Really Serious bug when not using --route

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Thu May 27 12:34:14 BST 2010

Felix Hartmann schrieb:
> On 27.05.2010 13:12, Johann Gail wrote:
>
>>> Setting the fourth via gmaptool breaks the routing for routable maps
>>> even though it should be there for setting maps tranparent/opaque is
>>> some obscure way different from the general transparent/opaque flag
>>>

>> Could this be the exactly the NOD flag?
>> If modifying this flag breaks routing then this IS a strong hint for
>> influencing routing. Could it be that in this byte one bit is the flag
>> for the presence (or absence) of the NOD table? If this bit is
>> set/cleared then it tells the device that there is no NOD table and
>> therefore no routing is possible.
>>

> Well I don't know how to clear it. Setting it to 0 doesn't help. It
> seems to only matter whether it is even or uneven.
This is exactly what I meant by clearing the bit. With uneven values it
is not set, i.e. cleared.
> Setting it even
> breaks routing, while all uneven values work. Therefore I'm more or less
> sure, this is not the NOD flag.

Could you tell please, what happens with broken routing? Does it mean,
there is no routing at all, or happens wrong routing?
> Also this byte is set for non routable garmin maps to even and uneven
> values, so no, I don't think this has anything to do with it.

This is the point which confuses me at the moment. This bit does
influence routing in some way. But you say that there are nonroutable
maps with this bit set/unset. So what could the meaning of this bit be?