logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maintaining generated sea polygons

From NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de on Tue May 25 10:50:09 BST 2010

The problem is not fixing the occasional problem with coastlines.

When I encounter a coastline problem, I recreate that area with much smaller
map tiles so I can narrow down the flooded area to a small region. Usually
the problem can be found and fixed within an hour.

My problem is that people keep editing and breaking the coastlines or
misplacing coastline tags on lakes about as fast as they can be fixed.

But I guess that the only way to get a completely intact coastline is to
download the coastlines and fix the local copy instead of the OSM data, so
no other parts are broken in the meantime.

bye
          Nop