logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maintaining generated sea polygons

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Sat May 22 09:47:35 BST 2010

On 21/05/2010 07:14, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:57:54PM -0700, NopMap wrote:
>> Therefore my question: Would it be possible to save the generated sea
>> polygons to disk in osm format so an intact set of polygons can be
>> re-used with future osm data? That way it could be ensured that future
>> updates will have the same, correct sea polygons and not be randomly
>> broken by temporary inconsistencies in the osm data.
>
> I've found this command useful:
>
> osmosis --rx finland.osm.bz2 --tf accept-ways natural=coastline
> --used-node --wx finland-coastline.osm
>
> The resulting file is small enough to be loaded to JOSM. I have also
> done something similar with boundary=administrative.

Marko - how long should this take to run?  I'm a newbie to osmosis but
trying to fix some flooding in Scotland and this looks like the best
method.  However, osmosis doesn't really give any feedback on its
progress and at the moment, I just have an empty output file and the
process has been running for 10 minutes.

--
Charlie