logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exception from Format6Encoder

From Ronny Klier ronny.klier at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de on Tue May 18 22:43:31 BST 2010

Hi,

using current Geofabrik extracts for Germany I run in an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
         at
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.labelenc.Format6Encoder.put6(Format6Encoder.java:136)
         at
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.labelenc.Format6Encoder.encodeText(Format6Encoder.java:90)
         at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.Label.write(Label.java:117)
         at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.lbl.LBLFile.newLabel(LBLFile.java:125)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.build.MapBuilder.processPOIs(MapBuilder.java:461)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.build.MapBuilder.makeMap(MapBuilder.java:193)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.MapMaker.makeMap(MapMaker.java:96)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.MapMaker.makeMap(MapMaker.java:61)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main$1.call(Main.java:189)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main$1.call(Main.java:1)

The string to encode is "½" (1/2 as single character). This is used as
housenumber in Wuerzburg:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.801248&lon=9.927579&zoom=18

To solve this I increased the byte buffer provided  in encodeText by 1.
But I'm not sure if this is the right solution.

Ronny