logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Change mkgmap default options to make mkgmap more userfriendly

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon May 3 18:59:11 BST 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 10:59:45AM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>2010/4/29 Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at googlemail.com>:
>>
>> options that would need to be reversed
>> --supress-dead-end-nodes
>
>I couldn't find this one in the source.  Is there a patch out there
>that implements this?

BTW, the correct spelling would be "suppress".

On a possibly related note, there is a way attribute
mkgmap:dead-end-check=false that disables the --report-dead-ends check.
If an endpoint node of a oneway street carries a FIXME or fixme
attribute, the OSM parser will assign mkgmap:dead-end-check=false on the
way. Today I added a rule to the default style that sets this attribute
on highway=construction, so that I could avoid adding fixme attributes
to a construction site. (My aim is to keep finland.osm.bz2 clean of
warnings, as defined by osm2img.sh, mkgmap.args, logging.properties, and
logging.ignore at http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/.)

	Marko