logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about warning

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon May 3 12:47:06 BST 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 12:25:06PM +0100, Toby Speight wrote:
>I've found that I got roundabout errors when people created
>multipolygons with junction=roundabout - that tag was transferred to
>the synthetic ways of the multipolygon, which then overlapped with the
>real roundabout.  I generally fixed that by deleting the multipolygon -
>a roundabout is a joined line, not an area.

What if there is forest inside a large maxspeed=100 roundabout and a
lake inside the forest? :-) In my opinion, the right solution would be
never to share a line for highways and areas. The shared lines are a
nuisance when you add footways, cycleways, bus stops and the like.

On a somewhat related note, I noticed that some have started tagging
overlapping lines for landuse multipolygons: one tagless line for the
role=inner and another line (with tags) for the inner area. That is kind
logical, but overlapping lines can be confusing when editing the map.

	Marko