logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about warning

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Mon May 3 12:25:06 BST 2010

0> In article <4BDDC250.9080801 at jemila.jazztel.es>,
0> Carlos Dávila <URL:mailto:cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es> ("Carlos") wrote:

Carlos> I'm getting the warning below, but there's no actual way
Carlos> overlapping way 36823507.  I know way 4611... is created by
Carlos> mp processing but, why is it overlapping real way?, why
Carlos> doesn't it happen with other multipolygons?

I've found that I got roundabout errors when people created multipolygons
with junction=roundabout - that tag was transferred to the synthetic ways
of the multipolygon, which then overlapped with the real roundabout.  I
generally fixed that by deleting the multipolygon - a roundabout is a
joined line, not an area.

Looking at the data, this is not what's happening.  Rather, I suspect
the opposite: when building the synthetic polygon, all the tags are
being gathered from the 'outer' ways and added to the area.

Anyone who understands multipolygons better than me care to elaborate?