logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with Russian landuse multipolygons

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat May 1 23:13:05 BST 2010

> Hi WanMil, all,
>
> Someone has apparently started to import landuse multipolygons in
> Russia. I keep getting errors for them. Some multipolygons only have
> "outer" lines.  Here are a few examples:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/594151
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/594273
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/595581
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/595858
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/597112
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/597218
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/598234
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/598527
>
> These are fully within the Geofabrik extract that I have been using.  I
> recently edited the Geofabrik polygon so that no lake multipolygons or
> natural=coastline islands are severed.
>
> Here is one example that is drawn over an existing island multipolygon:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/598998
>
> If you download this multipolygon and some surroundings, you should soon
> get the idea what is wrong with these imports.
>
> If the multipolygon handler cannot be made any more robust, then I would
> appreciate some option that would ignore certain types of multipolygons.
>
> Best regards,
>
> 	Marko

Hi Marko,

I don't understand what your real problem is. Please be more specific
(logfile?).

The multipolygons I have checked are non conformant to the multipolygon
definition. Most of them should be handled ok by the mkgmap multipolygon
handler. I don't see where the handler should be more robust (I need a
concrete example for that :-)

My short comment: We cannot fix bad imports! (we can only try)

WanMil