logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Buildings color

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Tue Apr 27 00:35:18 BST 2010

Carlos Dávila wrote:
> java -ea -jar mkgmap.jar [options] your_typ_file.TYP your_gmapsupp.img
>
> You should read http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap for more info.

I think we should expand this info a little bit.
Without your help, I never would have been able to create an own map.
At least not a map with sea around islands.
My first step was to try to rebuild a map, that you already created.
After succeeding in this point, I was able to start witch changes.

What I would appreciate, was a webpage, where some complete "sets" are
posted.
I mean, the style files, the command and the typfile.
And perhaps some additional information, on which system one is running
this set.

The "problem" with a nonexisting sea or a reverted map (sea and land
exchanged) comes from non fitting typfiles with the other components.
These things have to fit together and it needs a bit deeper
understanding how these work.

Charlie e.g. uses a complete DOS-Environment, when I remember correctly,
you Linux, I suppose, I use Cygwin since the last update of my
Linux-Computer is overdue, so it does not have a recent Java.

Dani