logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] avg speed on roads

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Sat Apr 24 20:23:48 BST 2010

Florian Lohoff escribió:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 06:31:42PM +0200, Carlos Dávila wrote:
>
>> I think there are currently some tools in mkgmap to get a better time
>> estimation. I have the lines below in my points style file, which
>> certainly improve the arrival time estimation:
>> highway=traffic_signals { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-2'; add
>> mkgmap:road-speed-min = '1' }
>>

> I found the road speed stuff in the source already. It seems it is in the default
> style hardcoded by street type/classification which should be possible
> to override with some tag i think.

It can be overridden with --ignore-maxspeeds, but you'll need to change
lines style with something like this (for each type of road):
(highway=secondary | highway=secondary_link) & maxspeed>80    [0x04
road_class=3 road_speed=5 resolution 20]
(highway=secondary | highway=secondary_link) & maxspeed>60    [0x04
road_class=3 road_speed=4 resolution 20]
(highway=secondary | highway=secondary_link) & maxspeed>50    [0x04
road_class=2 road_speed=3 resolution 20]
(highway=secondary | highway=secondary_link) & maxspeed<51    [0x04
road_class=2 road_speed=2 resolution 20]
(highway=secondary | highway=secondary_link)            [0x04
road_class=2 road_speed=4 resolution 20]
The kind of road you describe in La Palma usually have some curvy or
urban sections with actual maxspeed lower than the generic one for the
road. If you tag them you'll get better time estimation.
As an example of what I mean, you can have a look at [1] where I get
quite accurate estimation on my nuvi.
[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/12953