logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] avg speed on roads

From Florian Lohoff f at zz.de on Sat Apr 24 11:18:20 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 06:31:42PM +0200, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> I think there are currently some tools in mkgmap to get a better time
> estimation. I have the lines below in my points style file, which
> certainly improve the arrival time estimation:
> highway=traffic_signals { add mkgmap:road-speed = '-2'; add
> mkgmap:road-speed-min = '1' }

I found the road speed stuff in the source already. It seems it is in the default
style hardcoded by street type/classification which should be possible
to override with some tag i think.

And a maxspeed has nothing to do with what i hav a problem with. All the
roads i travel dont have a maxspeed set, are primary and thus for the
time calculation my GPSMap 60 takes something like 80 km/h - which on
la palma is on some parts more than twice the actual speed one can
travel ... An its nothing time dependent - its something which depends
on the physics of the street - tight corners reduce the speed beeing
traveled ...

Typical speed/ average speed would be more accurate ...
"Es ist ein grobes Missverständnis und eine Fehlwahrnehmung, dem Staat
im Internet Zensur- und Überwachungsabsichten zu unterstellen."
- - Bundesminister Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble -- 10. Juli in Berlin