logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recycling menu items in the Oregon

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Apr 20 07:21:00 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:13:01AM +0200, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>In the meantime, I added some groups of POIs for the Oregon 450. Could
>you please have a look at it? I tried to simply describe the icons
>without trying to put a meaning into them. (*)

Looks mostly the same as what I remember seeing on my Edge 705.
(Sorry, I did not fill in all the fields.)

>Is there a more easy way to add a column in the table? I read the
>wiki-docu, but found nothing. So I have to add each row separately?

You could copy the text to your favourite text editor and do a regular
expression search&replace to add a blank column.  That is what I
remember doing.

>I used a small program that Charly sent to me that creates an osm-file
>and some style files that I put together into a map using mkgmap.

I used mkgmap test-map:all-elements, if I remember correctly. I also
defined the environment variables BASE_LAT and BASE_LONG so that the
map would be centered around my area.

>P.S: (*) One icon leaves me puzzled: I cannot figure out what Garmin
>could have meant with it. It is a black "cave" or tunnel with a
>questionmark.

Could it have something to do with geocaching?

	Marko