logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recycling menu items in the Oregon

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Apr 17 18:35:15 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 09:21:37PM +0200, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>> I look forward to GPS hardware becoming mainstream in mobile phones.
>Have you had a look a the Nokia XPress Music 5800?

No, I wouldn't dare to mount a Nokia phone on the bicycle handlebar and ride
in the rain. With the Edge 705 I can do that. Also there are no sensors such
as the Garmin GSC-10 cadence/speedometer or a heart rate belt. Bluetooth Low
Energy (aka Wibree) was supposed to solve that (or reinvent ANT+Sport), and
products were supposed to be introduced last summer.

>> PS: I repurposed the translation of amenity=recycling too. I guess that
>> the POI code is meant to mark the offices of electricity companies and the
>> like, for those people who drive by car to drop a cheque to pay their
>> bills. :-) The menu item is "Versorgung" (supply), not "Entsorgung" in the
>> German Edge 705.
>>
>Do you mean     <tag>TXT_Utility_STR</tag>
>    <txt>Versorgungsbetrieb</txt>
>  </str>?
>I cannot find it in the menu?

In the Edge, it is under Community/Utility. In German, perhaps
Gemeinde/Versorgungsbetrieb. The POI is a white square on the Edge. Did you
check http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types
already? I have filled in most details for the Edge, and others have filled
in data for other units.

	Marko