logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recycling menu items in the Oregon

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Apr 16 18:18:05 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:35:51AM +0200, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
>And there are many other things that can be easily recycled.  Have you
>ever been lost in an unknown city and asked yourself: Where is the next
>hot spring?

In Reykjavik, why not? :-)

>P.S: Etrex Users can do the same, but they have no possibility to change
>the unused strings to better ones. They must search for truckstops and
>keep in mind, that these are taxis.

You should also keep in mind that some POIs can show up in multiple menus.
If I remember correctly, the Edge 705 also shows truck stops in the fuel
station menu.

I look forward to GPS hardware becoming mainstream in mobile phones. Then
the likes of GpsMid allow us to implement all sorts of features we might
like: POI warnings, speed warnings, even multilingual map (you could
select the map language, and it would display the selected name:* in your
preferred order (say, name:de, name:en, int_name, name). For me, the Edge
705 is just a stopgap measure until someone makes an open source
programmable replacement that is suitable for bicycle use.

	Marko

PS: I repurposed the translation of amenity=recycling too. I guess that
the POI code is meant to mark the offices of electricity companies and the
like, for those people who drive by car to drop a cheque to pay their
bills. :-) The menu item is "Versorgung" (supply), not "Entsorgung" in the
German Edge 705.