logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] garmin directives in different blocks?

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Fri Apr 16 05:53:44 BST 2010

Hello list,

As far as I understand, if I wanted to make, let's say, a hypothetical
interstate cycleway from any OSM motorway with the mkgmap, I'd have a
line in my style like:

highway=motorway  {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes}
[0x16 road_class=4 road_speed=1 resolution 14]

(Or something alike). Now I'm wondering, shouldn't this be something like:

highway=motorway  [0x16 road_class=4 road_speed=1 access=XYZ resolution 14]

i.e. have the Garmin controls really in the Garmin action block and not
in the mkgmap-block? Because the stuff between the curly brackets has
effects on the following Garmin actions, i.e. if I wanted to make both a
cycleway and a motorway, as far as I understand, I can't do:

highway=motorway  {add bicycle = no; add foot = no} [0x16 road_class=4
road_speed=1 resolution 14 continue]
highway=motorway  {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes}
[0x16 road_class=4 road_speed=1 resolution 14]

... because now my cycleway will be inaccessible to bicycles. And if I
use "set" instead of "add", I can't know if foot should be yes or no, as
the motorway added it.

Now I'm not completely sure my remarks are true, as I've only started
building styles, but maybe someone could comment? How should I make the
above cycleway plus motorway?

Best regards,

Valentijn