logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] make topographic maps with SRMT-data

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Mon Apr 12 07:03:47 BST 2010

"Daniela Duerbeck" daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de wrote on 12/04/2010 at 10:14:11 +1100
subject "[mkgmap-dev] make topographic maps with SRMT-data" :

> Hi!

> I would like to know whether somebody has an instruction how to make
> topo maps with the SRTM data from nasa.
> I failed ...

> dani

I did obtain some gmapsupp.img containing the topo lines.

I used the following Command file on Windows XP:

Srtm2Osm.exe -bounds1 -23.0 163.5 -19.5 168.5 -step 20 -cat 500 100

and obtained an marvelous .osm file for New Caledonia.

(You have to download the Srtm2Osm tool first)

I failed to assemble the topo .img and the regular OSM data .img in
order to optionally display or not the topo data on the GPS nüvi
device.

I have just merged the topo .osm file and the regular osm file using
JOSM, but in this case it is not possible to switch of an on the topo
data.

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de