logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] question about styles and routing

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Apr 11 15:33:56 BST 2010

Moin,

Valentijn Sessink schrieb am 11.04.2010 15:05:
> I'm trying to get better bicycle routing in my Garmin map;

> highway=unclassified & network=ncn {set access=no; set bicycle=yes }
> [0x06 road_class=3 road_speed=1 resolution 18 continue]

As far as I know, the Garmin devices (and Software) provide only limited routing
in the bicycle or foot mode. The road_speed is basically ignored and the
preference of the road_class is not the same as in motorcar routing.

So I recommend to use a Garmin device always in the motorcar mode and use
different maps (or map layers) for different routing apllications.

Gruss
Torsten