logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] add-poi-to-areas: What, if there is already a poi?

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Sat Apr 10 01:20:27 BST 2010

charlie at cferrero.net wrote:
> Unfortunately I'm java illiterate so all I can do is waffle...

I think that this is a good point to start learning Java. Nowadays most
employers want Java, so it is good to know it.
Since I also have no idea, I started to compile my own mkgmap and
succeeded.(I downloaded jdk for Windows and ant, I had just to define
some environment variables)
Then  I added some logging and that worked, too.
But now I am at a point to need to understand the inheritance of classes
and this is a bit tricky.I did C over many years, for embedded systems,
so I am also new to object oriented programming.
But I will try hard.

Dani