logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] add-poi-to-areas: What, if there is already a poi?

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Apr 9 11:41:13 BST 2010

charlie at cferrero.net wrote:

> areas get POIs, so you end up with lots of pointless POIs for forests,
> graveyards, parks etc.  A new {create_POI} action rule for the polygon
> style file would be very handy.  Even better would be
> {create_POI:0x6400} etc.

I do not think that they are pointless. If a forest has a name, why
shouldn't it get a POI?

But I do not understand, is why e.g. I do not get a POI for:
    <tag k='area' v='yes'/>
    <tag k='name' v='Wisent'/>
    <tag k='tourism' v='attraction'/>

but one for:
    <tag k='building' v='yes'/>
    <tag k='name' v='Villa Dracula'/>
    <tag k='tourism' v='attraction'/>

I thought that area=yes should make --add-poi-to-areas to attach a
camera (in this case) to "Wisent". (I am still in my zoo ... :-)))
(In Villa Dracula, you can watch bats)

Dani