logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] add-poi-to-areas: What, if there is already a poi?

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Apr 9 09:43:11 BST 2010

Hi!

I debugged the zoo in Munich:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.09736&lon=11.55587&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF
in its way there are two entrances tagged with tourism=zoo. These seem
to prevent --add-poi-to-areas from creating a poi called "Tierpark
Hellabrunn".
But when I search in my Garmin for the nearest zoo, I will now just find
"Isareingang" and "Flamingoeingang" but not "Tierpark Hellabrunn". This
is not so good for a tourist that knows just the name of the zoo.

I looked further for other POIs that where not created because there was
already one and found e.g. this one:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.062073&lon=11.682696&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
Here "Hallenbad Riemerling" is tagged twice: one time in the building,
second time a separate POI.

Would something be against it, to create just no new POI if there is
already a POI with this type AND with this name?

Dani