logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] NSIS Problems with 2G limit

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Apr 7 21:00:27 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:29:49PM +0200, Christoph Wagner wrote:
>Internal compiler error #12345: error mmapping file (2141990789, 4569600) is
>out of range.

I don't know Windows that well, but here are my 2 cents anyway.  The "memory
map" operation makes a file appear in the address space of a process.  It is
called mmap on POSIX (Unix-like) systems but something else on Windows.  On a
32-bit system, a process typically has 2 GB (or more with tricks) address space
available for data. It is not possible to mmap large files at once. Instead,
the file should be mmap'ed a portion at a time, or conventional file access
(explicit calls to copy blocks between memory and file) should be used.

If you have a 64-bit system and kernel, have you tried a 64-bit executable?

	Marko