logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] State of the coastline art

From NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de on Thu Apr 1 21:24:21 BST 2010

Hi!

Just to let you know. Encouraged by your statements, I tried to do the
German coast along the baltic sea with --generate-sea=multipolygon. The map
was made up of 3 tiles.

The result was rather disillusioning. In about 1/4 of the coast it looked
good, on half of the coast the water was missing completely and about 1/4
was inverted with the land flooded and the sea clear.

My conclusion is that I'll stick to the old technique for the time being
(manually edited sea polygons derived from the shapefiles used by mapnik).

bye
          Nop