logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] a FIXME map style

From Christoph Wagner freemaps.osm at googlemail.com on Mon Mar 29 11:25:45 BST 2010

2010/3/29 maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>:
> Cristoph,
>
> I was about to send you a separate mail. :)
>
> Anyway, I'm copying your fixme and osb style as my starting point.
> Can you guide me through the OSM extract and conversion for my
> specific area (the instructions are in German)?

Yeah sorry, I was just too lazy to translate the stuff in english.
Besides the german instructions are not so up to date...

> I suggest you add keep right reports similar to OSB.

Ok, I try to tell you very short how I build the openstreetbugs-layer:

First I download the Openstreetbugs daily SQL-Dump:

wget http://openstreetbugs.schokokeks.org/dumps/osbdump_latest.sql.bz2

Then I convert it to osm-xml. You can find more details (in english) here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:All_in_one_Garmin_Map#Openstreetbugs

The conversion goes like:

bzcat osbdump_latest.sql.bz2 | osbsql2osm-0.3/src/osbsql2osm > osbdump.osm

Then I have to filter all interesting open bugs for a specified area
with osmosis.

osmosis --rx osbdump.osm --bb $(BBOX) --nkv keyValueList="type.0" --wx osb.osm

To get the correct BBOX I just look into the osm extract from
geofabrik and parse the <bounds> tag with sed.

Last step is to convert it with mkgmap and include the typfile:

java -ea -jar mkgmap.jar --family-id=2323 --product-id=42
--family-name=osb --description='Openstreetbugs' --draw-priority=23
--style-file=styles/osb_style osb.osm osb.TYP

Thats it.

The question is, what is the input format of the keep right data?
Can we do it similar and convert it to osm-xml data, and then create
the garmin map with mkgmap?

I didn't work with keepright before.

Christoph