logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shuttle-Train

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Mar 26 16:20:05 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:47:32AM +0100, Chris-Hein Lunkhusen wrote:
> > I have a third idea, similar to the first - does a route relation make
> > sense for this?
>
> I don't think it's possible to make a routable way out of a
> relation with mkgmap.

Why not?  I have successfully built a bus route map with some relations
and lines rules.  Is there something special about routability?  I thought
that the NET section is created after style file processing.

> So, I choosed the simplest solution and mapped the line
> as route=shuttle_train.

You could set this attribute in the relations file too.

> If the route is too complicated(!?) MS switches to direct-line routing. :-(

Sorry, I have no idea about that.  The Edge 705 often cheats in bicycle
navigation by jumping to car road after a few km, but I haven't seen it
switch to direct-line routing yet.  But you have a much higher way density
I guess.

	Marko