logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nodes on boundary

From Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com on Thu Mar 25 16:15:24 GMT 2010

On 25 Mar 2010, at 7:50 , Carsten Schwede wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 25.03.2010 15:27, schrieb Apollinaris Schoell:
>> for rectangle tiles with correct bounding box info mkgmap will create
>> the boundary nodes. there is no need to do it in splitter. Mark added
>
> We use a special splitting program that cares about the ways. All ways
> are complete in one tile, also with all nodes. They will never be cutted.

that is fine. mkgmap will clip them anyway if there is a bounding box in the osm file. without bbx the whole way is kept in both tiles. not sure if routing will still work.

>> the feature long time ago to allow polygon shaped maps where the
>> boundary node is not on the rectangular bounding box. to my knowledge
>> no splitter exists which supports cutting into polygon shaped files
>> and is able to insert the boundary nodes.
>
> We want to extend our splitting program to insert this boundary nodes on
> the end of the ways, not on the boundary of the boundary box.

should work too if you don't use a bbx or the bbx is covers all ways and mkgmap doesn't need to clip and doesn't need to insert boundary nodes.
btw there is also a mkgmap option to ignore the bbx